Invisalign or Braces? Experts Help You Decide Which Works Best for You!￼
With virtually everyone (99.7%) of the population believing that a smile is an important social asset, it’s no surprise that demand for cosmetic dental procedures is increasing so rapidly.
The most common cosmetic procedures include braces and Invisalign. These are important not only for their cosmetic benefits but also to make sure you have no bite issues.
Before you visit the dentist, it’s a good idea to be informed about both of these treatment approaches so you can discuss their pros and cons.
In this blog, we’re going to talk about all you need to know.
The Difference in Mechanism
Invisalign uses a set of clear plastic trays to align your teeth. Dentists use 3D images and tweak the design according to the shape of your jaw.
Braces have been in use since quite some time now and are the more popular option. Metal or plastic brackets are glued to your teeth and different strengths of metal wires are used to shape your teeth into optimal formation.
Benefits of Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces have a success rate and proven record over a long period of time. There are certain benefits you should keep in mind:
- There’s no hassle of removing your plastic trays before every meal and placing them in a container. Braces are irremovable so you don’t have to worry about losing them, so if you’re someone who tends to forget to take care of your plastic trays, then it’s best that you go for braces.
- As they’re made from metal, they’re obviously more robust than Invisalign plastic trays. This robustness also means that they’re more effective in shaping your teeth so the treatment period is shortened.
- You don’t have to clean them separately. Regular brushing and flossing do the job fine.
- If cost is a factor that can influence your decision, then keep in mind that braces will cost much less than Invisalign.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign trays are removable so you can eat and drink without worrying about food getting stuck in your teeth after every meal.
- The biggest benefit is that, as the name suggests, they’re practically invisible. No one is going to notice the clear plastic tray until they take a closer look.
- You also won’t get sores in your gums due to contact with metal braces. Invisalign are much more comfortable.
The treatment best suited for you really depends on what you tend to prioritize. Cost, looks and treatment times are the main differentiating factors.
Getting your teeth aligned is a huge decision that requires a hefty investment. Our experienced orthodontists can guide you regarding the best treatment plan that suits your needs.
At Dr. King’s Family Dentistry, you can be sure to receive the best advice and dental services in all of Virginia Beach. Give us a call at (757) 453-5498 and schedule an appointment at your convenience.